Thursday, September 15, 2011

Did you get a boo boo?

I was pondering back on the days when I had my knee surgery almost 3 years ago now. It left scars for sure, and I look at these scars often. I thought about what my scars mean to me. They mean very many different things to me. They remind me of the effort and hard work I had to put in to become fully healed. They remind me of the love and service that was provided to me. They remind me of the determintaion to change my circumstances. They remind me to remain positive. They remind me that God answers my prayers at all times. They remind me that I'm in constant need of help from the Lord!


I'm sure each of us have been scraped, cut or bruised, whether visible or internal, that have turned into scars. Each represent and remind us of different things. May I remind you of someone who is greater than each of us who has scars as well. That person is Jesus Christ. I wondered what his scars remind him of and ran across this scripture....

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
    - Isaiah 49:16

May we remember that Christ is aware of each of our lives! That he loves and cares about us! He is mindful of each of lives and the struggles we are enduring. Remember to look for the tender mercies of the Lord in every thing we do. May God bless each of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment