Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby Steps

Alma 28:30
"For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more.."
 
In life we think sometimes we must know everything at once, change our entire lifestyle or be able to fix something all at once. I know I've thought and felt that way many of times before in my life! I thought I was right too...but then I realized that it doesn't work that way. Some things may, but usually they don't. Christ, under the direction of God, did not make everything in one day, rather over a period of 6 days. A doctor doesn't know how to diagnose every illness the first day of medical school. A football team isn't perfect in every play before they start the season. A mom doesn't know everything that is required before she has her first child. A dog can't learn every trick in one day (if your dog can, please come teach mine!) 
 
Life takes patience and perseverance! Life is a learning experience! Take each day like it's your last and learn all you can! Take life one step at a time!
 




1 comment: